ALTDC Brief Report of 2017-2018
Advanced Leadership Training and Development Course (ALTDC) was successfully carried out with the support of Development Associates International (DAI). It has achieved the envisaged results, in molding the lives of school dropout girls who have completed basic skills training course under Local Project Partners (LPP) Centres. There are 28 trainees altogether in ALTDC: 6 in Third year, 8 in Second year and 14 in first year.
Key activities include:
- Weaving Skill added in ALTDC: Along with the tailoring, weaving training has been added in ALTDC as a new initiative to handhold the weaving graduates from different centres. This will enable them to lead and teach other weavers in the future and at the same time it will also give them direction towards sustainable earnings. After the completion of the course they will continue as intern in their assigned partner centres.
- In the month of January 2018, a new ALTDC supervisor was recruited to oversee the programme. An assistant team leader was also inducted to help out with advanced weaving programme.
- Life Skills classes like knitting, food processing, creative stitches, health care have been taken up in order to complement their skills. More skills are also being explored that can be introduced in the training course.
|Sl. no.||Resource Person/Facilitator||Date||Venue||Topics covered||No. of participants|
|1||Vicky||May 4-8, 2017
|BELC Compound, Udalguri||Retreat||24|
|2||Leader-Ms. Chayanika Momin
Speaker- Bishop of Bodo Evangelical Lutheran Church.
|September 29, 2017||BELC Compound, Udalguri||Second graduation programme of ALTDC||2 trainees graduated.|
|3||Felicitated Lhingneivah for completion of 1 year internship as PC producer|
|4||TRIFED||November 4-18, 2017||Goa||Exposure visit and sales trip
|ALTDC 2nd year trainees and some of the graduates|
|5||January 17, 2018||Darrang Women Weaving Centre (DWWC), Udalguri||Inauguration of the new ALTDC Year 2018 batch||14 new trainees enrolled|
ADVANCED LEADERSHIP TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (2016-2017)
ALTDC aims to build the lives of the girls by providing them holistic training to meet their present need as well as future needs, so that they can live a purposeful life as transformed people.
It is two to three years course. ALTDC had been following a set of guidelines but it was only last year that a formal curriculum development has been initiated to make the learning more systematic.
- This year there are a total of 17 girls – 9 new girls in first year, 6 in second year and 2 in third year.
- 2 ALTDC graduates joined PC as interns for 3 months, after which they joined PC’s partners training centres as Instructors.
- Skill training has been instrumental not only in sharpening but also discovering more potential of the girls. They are now able to produce high quality items. They are able to take bulk orders of bags.
- The girls were given life skills training which included personality development, communication skills, money management, etc.